Kim T. Duong
Kim’s practice is focused on professional negligence and liability law, directors and officer’s liability, product liability, and coverage law across Canada.
She regularly defends various professionals in regulatory proceedings, and well as in the legal arena. She has appeared before the Human Rights Tribunal, the Workplace Safety and Insurance Appeals Tribunal, the Mutual Funds Dealers Association, the Ontario Superior Court of Justice, the Ontario Court of Appeal, the Alberta Court of Queen’s Bench, the Nova Scotia Supreme Court, and the Supreme Court of Newfoundland and Labrador.
Kim received her Bachelor of Arts degree from the University of Calgary and her Bachelor of Laws degree from the University of Windsor. She is a current and active member of the Canadian Bar Association, Ontario Bar Association, and Canadian Defence Lawyers. Kim is called to the Law Society of Upper Canada, as well as the Nova Scotia Barristers’ Society.
- University of Windsor, LL.B., 2005
- University of Calgary, B.A., 2001
Call to Bar
- Admitted to the Ontario Bar, 2006
- Admitted to the Nova Scotia Bar, 2013
Memberships & Community Involvement
- Ontario Bar Association
- Canadian Bar Association
- Canadian Defence Lawyers Association
- Toronto Lawyers Association
- WomanAct, Board Member
- Dass v. Kay, 2021 ONCA 565
- Laura Dieckman v The Priory of Canada of the Most Venerable Order of the Hospital of St. John of Jerusalem, 2019
- MacRury v Keybase Financial Group Inc., 2017 NSCA 8
- Dixon v. Norris Crescent Housing Co-operative, 2014 HRTO
- Zabanah v. Capital Direct Lending Corp., 2014 ONCA 872