Natalie Marie Leon
Natalie defends professional liability, construction and pollution liability claims and represents both insurers and policy holders in complex coverage disputes. She regularly represents mortgage brokers, engineers, contractors, oil burner technicians, insurance brokers, and accountants, among other professionals in both defence of civil actions and disciplinary proceedings.
With extensive experience handling claims under Directors and Officers’ liability policies, Natalie has defended clients in employment disputes, defamation claims, and shareholder remedy cases. She has acted for corporate entities in complex shareholder and member disputes.
Natalie has presented several seminars with respect to civil litigation and insurance issues. Natalie has also taught a Professional Ethics course for mortgage brokers obtaining their certification. She is a volunteer Circle Keeper with Peacebuilders International, an organization that works with youth to assist them in finding ways to make amends for criminal activity.
- Osgoode Hall, LL.B., 1994
- University of Western Ontario, 1989-1991
Call to Bar
- Admitted to the Ontario Bar, 1996
Memberships & Community Involvement
- Ontario Bar Association
- Canadian Bar Association
- American Defence Trial Attorneys Association
- Risk Insurance Managers Society
- Instructor – Ethics Course in the Mortgage Brokers Certificate Program at Seneca College
- Lead Circle Keeper Training through Peacebuilders International
- Doyle Salewski Inc. v. Scott et al. 2020, ONSC 682
- Watto v. Immigration Consultants of Canada Regulatory Council, 2018 ONCA 376
- Amir-Afzal Watto v ICCRC, 2017 ONSC 6440
- Humberplex Developments Inc. v. Soil Engineers, 2015 ONSC 6089
- Daverne v. John Switzer Fuels et al. v. Aon Reed et al., 2015 ONSC 1803
- 1088437 v. GCAN Insurance et al  I.L.R. I-5540