P. Voula Kotoulas
Voula practises in all areas of civil defence litigation with a focus on municipal liability, professional liability, medical malpractice, fidelity insurance, subrogation, and coverage disputes. She has appeared as counsel before all levels of court in Ontario and has represented clients at various administrative tribunals, including the Financial Services Commission of Ontario and the Canadian Human Rights Tribunal. Voula has been successful in achieving excellent results for her clients through litigation, negotiation, mediation and arbitration. She works closely with her clients to provide clear and strategic advice, and achieve practical, efficient outcomes.
Voula received her law degree from the University of Manitoba in 2006. She received the Jack Rice Memorial Prize for highest standing in Administrative Law. Prior to attending law school, Voula completed a Bachelor of Arts with a Major in Classical Studies and Philosophy. She graduated with Honours.
Voula is an active member of the Canadian and Ontario Bar Associations, The Advocates’ Society, and the Hellenic Canadian Lawyers’ Association.
- University of Manitoba, LL.B., 2006
- University of Manitoba, B.A., 2003
Call to Bar
- Admitted to the Ontario Bar, 2008
- Admitted to the Manitoba Bar, 2007
Memberships & Community Involvement
- Ontario Bar Association
- Canadian Bar Association
- The Advocates’ Society
- Hellenic Canadian Lawyers’ Association
- “Sexual Aggression and The Civil Response” in Todd L. Archibald, ed., Annual Review of Civil Litigation (Toronto: Thomson Carswell, 2018)
- Reiss v. Coughlin & Associates Ltd. (5 March 2015), Windsor CV-13-20118 (S.C.J.)
- Banerjee v. Brokerforce Insurance Inc. (24 April 2014), Toronto CV-10-413421-00B1 (S.C.J.)
- Robinson v. Northmount School for Boys, 2014 ONSC 2603 (S.C.J.)
- Trans-Send Freight Systems Ltd. v. Nacora Insurance Brokers Inc., 2009 CanLII 42310 (S.C.J.)